As a senior front-end web developer, you’ll be responsible for translating designs into well-crafted interfaces. You’re self-motivated, organized, and multi-task well. You enjoy problem-solving and are always learning new skills.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all front-end web development efforts
- Translate designs—rough sketches, wireframes, refined visual designs, interactive prototypes, and/or user stories—into well-crafted interfaces
- Plan, estimate, and build new features
- Ensure a high level of quality and performance
- Troubleshoot and debug as issues arise
- Refine and evolve our front-end web stack
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and back-end engineers by contributing to initial ideation and throughout implementation and iteration
- Generously share your knowledge and expertise through demos, presentations, mentoring, and code reviews
- Value feedback and constructive criticism
Some of What We Currently Use
What We’re Looking For
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience translating designs into well-crafted code
- Experience working with service-oriented architecture
- Experience with React or similar
- Experience building products that offer digital subscriptions
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- B.A., B.S., or equivalent experience
Dwell has been a champion of good design for two decades. We seek to inspire and to foster understanding for how thoughtful, principled design can transform lives.
We’re currently working remotely, but plan to return to our offices in San Francisco and New York once it’s safe to do so.