Dwell has been a champion of good home design for two decades and we reach more than 40 million people annually.
As a frontend engineer, you will be a member of a cross-functional product team that builds new products and services on top of Dwell's existing subscription platform, which already has hundreds of thousands of paying subscribers.
This product team is entrepreneurial, creative, personable, and fundamentally committed to building products and services that are best in class in design and execution. You will be a great fit if you’re self-motivated, organized, and multi-task well. You enjoy problem-solving and are always learning new skills.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate in frontend web development efforts
- Translate designs—rough sketches, wireframes, refined visual designs, interactive prototypes, and/or user stories—into well-crafted interfaces
- Ensure a high level of quality and performance
- Troubleshoot and debug as issues arise
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and backend engineers by contributing to initial ideation and throughout implementation and iteration
- Generously share your knowledge and expertise through demos, presentations, mentoring, and code reviews
- Value feedback and constructive criticism
We Currently Use
What We’re Looking For
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience translating designs into well-crafted code
- Experience working with service-oriented architecture
- Experience with React or similar
- Experience building digital subscription products
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- B.A., B.S., or equivalent experience
This position has the option of working remotely, or joining us in an office in NYC or SF.