Dwell has been a champion of good home design for two decades and we reach more than 40 million people annually.
As a senior software engineer, you’ll be responsible for evolving our backend architecture and cloud infrastructure.
This product team is entrepreneurial, creative, personable, and fundamentally committed to building products and services that are best in class in design and execution. You will be a great fit if you’re self-motivated, organized, and multi-task well. You enjoy problem-solving and are always learning new skills.
The position can be remote, but you also have the option of joining our NY or SF offices.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all back-end engineering efforts
- Plan, estimate, and build new features
- Manage and improve continuous integration pipelines, deployments, and monitoring
- Ensure a high level of quality, availability, and performance
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and front-end developers throughout the product development life cycle
- Troubleshoot and debug as issues arise
- Generously share your knowledge and expertise through demos, presentations, mentoring, and code reviews
- Value feedback and constructive criticism
We Currently Use
What We’re Looking For
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and service-oriented architecture
- Experience with AWS infrastructure or a similar cloud platform
- Experience improving reliability and performance of an existing system
- Experience building digital subscription products
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience