Dwell has been a champion of good design for two decades. Our mission is to foster appreciation for how great spaces can transform lives and communities.
We reach 40 million people every year primarily by publishing content that shows how design can provide authenticity, beauty, and fulfillment at home.
As a senior UX/UI designer you will collaborate on a cross-functional product team to devise and implement solutions that meet strategic objectives. Your unique responsibility within this team will be managing our design system, creating bold online reader experiences, and playing a major role in imagining the feature set of our digital platform.
The product team is entrepreneurial, creative, personable, and fundamentally committed to building products and services that are best in class in design and execution. You will be a great fit if you’re self-motivated, organized, and multi-task well. You enjoy problem-solving and are always learning new skills.
What You Will Do
- Own our digital design system: organize, refine, and evolve.
- Design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Collaborate closely with product leadership and external team stakeholders to define product requirements, goals, and roadmaps.
- Maintain an awareness of competitors and track benchmarks for best solutions.
- Develop sketches, wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes.
- Present designs to key stakeholders in design reviews, clearly outlining methodology and motivations behind designs.
- Support with production, troubleshooting, and QA as needed.
- Prepare production-ready assets and maintain standards of documentation.
- Promote a design-focused way of thinking throughout the company.
- 6+ years of experience in product design, ideally at an e-commerce, marketplace, media, or lifestyle company.
- Experience with Sketch or Figma.
- A strong sense for typography, grids and color theory.
- An eye for making design decisions with a view to business growth
- Love working with tight-knit entrepreneurial teams.
- Excited by home design and decor and their place in contemporary culture.