Dwell has championed good home design for two decades, and today we reach an audience of more than 40 million people annually through a variety of media. We are currently seeking a versatile producer to create exciting, visually driven content for our social media channels, inventing new formats for telling stories about how design can improve our lives and bringing them to an even wider audience.
This role can be based in New York City or San Francisco.
What You Will Do
- Lead content production for Dwell’s social-media channels—including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- Define the creative direction for new social-first editorial franchises and manage their planning, production, and growth.
- Select story subjects, develop visual treatments, and refine ideas with a spirit of experimentation.
- Commission photo, video, animation, and design work with support from Dwell’s Art team.
- Set and manage production schedules and adapt content strategy based on audience analytics.
- You are a natural visual storyteller with a deft eye for scroll-stopping photography, video, and art direction.
- Your background could be in design, photo/video editing, editorial, or a related area, but your passion is developing groundbreaking content for social media and emerging platforms.
- You have 4-6 years of experience developing and managing social-media content strategies and have a proven record of creating engaging work for multiple channels.
- You are adept at writing and storyboarding visual content, managing freelance creative teams, and commissioning photography, video, text, and design work.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude and love working with small, tight-knit teams.
- You are passionate about home design and how it shapes the way we live.