Dwell is the definitive source for discovering the best in contemporary home design and learning how to make your own space a great place to live in. We are seeking a Managing Editor to oversee editorial production for Dwell.com and our flagship print magazine. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned print content production manager with an understanding of contemporary workflow tools and a passion for creating efficient editorial processes.
- You have 10 years of experience creating, implementing, and maintaining editorial processes at a publication.
- You have an uncanny ability to manage schedules, stagger deadlines, and keep a team of content producers on track.
- You have a deep expertise in trafficking stories from assignment to ship, keeping things on schedule and troubleshooting along the way.
- You are familiar with contemporary project management and productivity tools and are excited by making systems more elegant and efficient.
- You have a sharp eye for reading copy in various stages of production.
- Update and refine processes for tracking stories for Dwell magazine and Dwell.com.
- Work with the editorial team to establish deadlines and keep stories moving through all stages of our processes.
- Work with our production services provider to set annual issue schedules and to update book maps during each production cycle.
- Manage a team of freelance fact-checkers and copy editors and maintain Dwell’s global style guide.
- Maintain contracts for writers and keep contributor database up to date.