Dwell is the source for discovering the best contemporary home design and learning how to make your own space a great place to live. We are seeking a design director to help create bold reader experiences across all of our products—starting with our magazine and extending to from Dwell.com to our popular social media channels.
What You Will Do
- Design and manage layout production for our flagship Dwell Magazine
- Take responsibility for brand consistency across all channels
- Create or refine distinct identities for new Dwell.com and social media content franchises—including page templates, photo/illustration treatments, and other defining graphic elements.
- Work with Dwell’s content team to package short-turnaround stories for Dwell.com and our social media channels.
- Dive into Dwell’s fundamental visual style while creating work that pushes it forward.
- Ensure that everything that leaves our door serves to strengthen Dwell’s brand, personality and point of view.
- Work with Dwell’s product team to scope design needs on our feature roadmap and define specific projects.
- Propose and iterate on design concepts for site features and page templates, from developing wireframes to delivering finished designs with clear developer notes.
- Collaborate with executive team to develop concepts for emerging Dwell products and services
- You have at least 10 years experience designing media, preferably at an exemplary publication or creative agency (some experience outside of agency or consulting required)
- You have an eye for making creative decisions with a view to business growth
- You’re passionate about brands, stories, and design, and have a fascination with how to apply that passion to reader experiences.
- You use photography, video, illustration, animation, and text to build highly engaging storytelling experiences.
- You quickly understand the DNA of established brand systems and are ready to build on and refine them.
- Though you are primarily an art director, your talents extend to UX/UI strategy and best practices.
- You love working with tight-knit entrepreneurial teams.
- You are excited by home design and decor and their place in contemporary culture.