Dwell seeks a marketing leader with experience building subscription businesses by developing audience segments, conceiving and executing channel specific content strategies, and managing end-to-end customer journeys to ensure high conversion, high customer satisfaction and low churn. You will be a major stakeholder in editorial and product roadmaps to scale our brand’s reach, deepen engagement, and create value for subscribers. Although our business is primarily digital, your familiarity with print circulation management and print industry vendors is a plus. You will report directly to the CEO.
Dwell employees are based in/around NYC and SF. You have the option of joining either area.
- Manage and mentor a team of two to five marketers as well as our CX manager and their team.
- Prepare an annual budget tied to key activities and results
- Oversee strategy for our flagship email newsletter service
- Develop channel-specific franchises to expand our reach and deepen our engagement
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for new features and services
- Create testing structures for creative, messaging, and audiences to continuously learn and optimize our strategies
- Sift through marketing data to find the important trends
- Routinely update the executive team with projected and actual results of marketing efforts
- Hands-on management of our paid media efforts with an emphasis on driving efficient growth of our digital subscription sales through social and search, and seed our presence on emerging platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with editorial, product and sales teams to develop best in class creative and messaging
- Assist sales team as needed to leverage our channels to meet goals for brand partners
- Deliver against key growth metrics, meeting and exceeding goals for subscriptions and revenue, customer acquisition, site traffic, lead generation and year over year customer retention
- Recruit additional headcount as budgeted
- 8+ years of multi-channel brand marketing experience
- 4+ years of multi-channel performance marketing experience, primarily at a media or e-commerce company or similar agency experience
- 4+ years of experience managing other marketers
- Expertise with email best practices and platform providers
- Direct experience acquiring sales with Google and Facebook ad platforms
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, productive relationships with people and teams in all contexts
- Expertise in negotiating and executing contracts with a broad range of partners
- Ability to adapt to change and thrive at a high-growth organization
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable communication skills – listening, written, and oral
- Process-driven and solutions-oriented, constantly looking for ways to streamline and simplify complex tasks
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing
- A customer-focused attitude
- Experience managing content development for marketing purposes
- Entrepreneurial: You a self-starter who is driven by action and results
- Collaborative: You’re a master at getting things done cross-functionally across time zones and know how to build strong, effective partnerships.
- Growth Mindset: You’re obsessed with continuously learning, iterating, and improving, both personally and professionally
- Analytical: You love digging into data and trends; acronyms like ROI, ROAS, CPA, CAC, LTV, CTR, CVR, and CPM are like a second language to you
- Customer-Obsessed: You have a passion for deeply understanding your customer and put them at the center of everything you do
- High-Energy: You’re infectiously optimistic and resilient, particularly in moments of change
- Brand-Obsessed: You know how rare it is to have responsibility for a brand with high integrity and customer satisfaction, and you have instincts to develop strategies that honor and extend that achievement.
Dwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, sex, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender, military or veteran status, Civil Air Patrol status, political affiliations or activities, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law.