Dwell is the definitive source for discovering contemporary home design and making your own space a better place to live. We are hiring a Creative Services Editor to help us develop best-in-class branded content with a variety of partners.
The Creative Services Editor will work with the Editorial and Sales teams to craft compelling stories that connect brands with Dwell’s audience in meaningful ways. The ideal candidate is an experienced editor who can seamlessly flow from brainstorming and pitching big ideas to writing, assigning, and top editing content for campaigns. Familiarity with architecture, design, and lifestyle brands is a plus, as is an understanding of Dwell’s history, mission, and editorial voice.
You’ll be working with a tight-knit team based in New York and San Francisco, and this position can be located in either city.
- Five years of experience crafting compelling content for print and digital platforms—including articles and social media copy—at a publication, agency, or brand.
- Adept at guiding campaigns through every step of the creative process—from ideation to production, revision, and publication.
- Highly collaborative and organized, with experience overseeing complex campaigns with overlapping deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- A passion for contemporary architecture and a belief in the power of good design to improve our lives.
- Ideate, research, and write proposals that embody Dwell’s ability to develop innovative and engaging content with brand partners.
- Cultivate a team of contributors and project manage the production of unique, compelling, and effective campaigns.
- Revise stories based on Dwell’s editorial standards and client feedback, pivoting as necessary to address campaign needs.
- Uphold best practices for print and digital stories and refine and improve systems and process.