As a senior software engineer, you’ll be responsible for evolving our back-end architecture and cloud infrastructure. You’re self-motivated, organized, and love problem-solving.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all back-end engineering efforts
- Plan, estimate, and build new features
- Manage and improve continuous integration pipelines, deployments, and monitoring
- Ensure a high level of quality, availability, and performance
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and front-end developers throughout the product development life cycle
- Troubleshoot and debug as issues arise
- Generously share your knowledge and expertise through demos, presentations, mentoring, and code reviews
- Value feedback and constructive criticism
Tools We Currently Use
What We’re Looking For
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and service-oriented architecture
- Experience with AWS infrastructure or a similar cloud platform
- Experience improving reliability and performance of an existing system
- Experience building products that offer digital subscriptions
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Dwell has been a champion of good design for two decades. We seek to inspire and to foster understanding for how thoughtful, principled design can transform lives.
We’re currently working remotely, but plan to return to our offices in San Francisco and New York once it’s safe to do so.