Dwell brings you the best contemporary home design and ideas for making your own space a great place to live. We are seeking an editor to oversee the launch of our new Home Guide section. These articles range from step-by-step instructions for DIY projects to everything you need to know about hiring and managing the team of pros that will build your dream house. It’s all about demystifying the often complicated projects that go into a well-designed home.
This role can be based in New York or San Francisco.
What You Will Do
- Assign and edit guides tailored to everyone from redecorating renters to owners embarking on a major build.
- Generate story ideas and assure that our mix of Home Guides serves all of our audiences.
- Work with our Art Department to commission illustrations and photography for every guide.
- Help define Dwell’s unique style and point of view.
- 5-10 years of editorial experience preferably focused on service content.
- Experience editing guides, recipes, or other instructional stories.
- Familiarity with major designers and brands making furniture, lighting, and other objects for the home.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Expert fact checking skills.
- An obsession with home improvement and contemporary design.