This role is flexible to be based in New York or San Francisco.
Dwell is the source for discovering the best contemporary home design and learning how to make your own space a great place to live. We are seeking a Social Media Editor to support the day-to-day operations and long-term strategy for Dwell’s robust social media platforms in order to inspire and engage our audience, expand our reach, and drive conversions.
What You Will Do
- Develop editorial franchises to cater the Dwell brand and its content to the unique aspects of each social media channel.
- Manage day-to-day content calendar across social channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- Drive on-site traffic and conversions with thoughtful, timely posts across platforms.
- Cultivate an engaged audience with high-touch communication with users across public platforms and in comment threads and DMs.
- Produce live interviews or home tours for Instagram Live and Reels.
- Collaborate with Editorial and Sales teams to support social promotion of native and branded stories.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager to optimize content calendar to support Dwell’s social media strategy and wider company goals.
- Conduct frequent performance analysis and competitive research to provide actionable insights.
- Serve as a resource and ambassador to Dwell’s community.
- You have at 1-3 years managing and creating content for social media, preferably for a media company.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or an otherwise related field.
- You have a keen eye and a creative, forward-thinking mindset.
- You’re passionate about brands, stories, and design, and have a fascination with how to apply that passion across social platforms.
- You have experience with traditional and digital marketing best practices as well as innovative thinking.
- You love working with tight-knit entrepreneurial teams.
- You are excited by home design and decor and their place in contemporary culture.
- You have an understanding of industry trends, best practices, and emerging user behaviors.
- You are an enthusiastic, highly-organized creative producer with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- You are a confident, skillful communicator with strong attention to detail.