Dwell is seeking an art and design fellow to work with our editorial and marketing teams. We’re looking for a part-time, design-focused graduate, 2-3 days a week. This three month program offers hands-on publishing experience across print and digital platforms. The position is New York based. Working from our office is optional but preferred for some projects.
- Create graphics for web and social
- Design front-of-book print layouts for the magazine
- Work alongside Creative Director and Art Director on larger projects as needed
- Assist Photo Director with photo research
- Maintain the print issue pin-up wall
- Support the art department with various administrative tasks
- Responsible, creative, motivated, and takes initiative
- Comfortable working in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or is currently in a higher education design program
- Passionate about editorial design, branding, typography and photography
- Interest in architecture and home design a plus
Dwell’s mission is to improve people’s lives with great design. From Dwell.com and our social media channels to our celebrated 22-year-old print magazine, we feature new ideas about what a home can and should be and offer expert advice for making your own space a better place to live. We are a marketplace for the best-designed products out there and a platform for our audience to share and discover remarkable spaces.