For more than 20 years, Dwell has championed design that improves people’s lives. We promote new ideas about what a home can and should be, we offer expert advice for making your own space a better place to live, and we provide a marketplace for the best-designed products available.
We are seeking a product designer to manage our design system, create bold online reader experiences, and play a major role in expanding the feature set of our digital platform. Join us as we expand our position as the leading resource and community for better living through good design.
Dwell employees are based in/around NYC and SF. You have the option of joining either area.
- Own our digital design system: organize, refine, and evolve.
- Collaborate closely with product leadership and external team stakeholders to define product priorities, requirements, goals, and roadmaps.
- Maintain an awareness of competitors and track benchmarks for best-in-class solutions.
- Communicate product ideas at appropriate levels of fidelity using. sketches, wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes.
- Present designs to key stakeholders in design reviews, clearly outlining methodology and motivations behind designs.
- Conduct user research and usability testing sessions with members of our target audiences, sharing insights with coworkers.
- Support with production, troubleshooting, and QA as needed.
- Prepare production-ready assets and maintain standards of documentation.
- Promote a design-focused way of thinking throughout the company.
- 6+ years of experience in product design, ideally at an e-commerce, marketplace, media, or lifestyle company.
- Experience creating design systems in Figma.
- A strong sense for typography, grids and color theory.
- An eye for making design decisions with a view to business growth.
- Desire to work closely with a tight-knit entrepreneurial team.
- Excited by home design and decor and their place in contemporary culture.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re a self-starter who is driven by action and results.
- Experimental: You treat product ideas as hypotheses to test and aren’t afraid to throw away good ideas for better ones.
- Collaborative: You’re a master at getting things done cross-functionally across time zones and know how to build strong, effective partnerships.
- Growth Mindset: You have habits aligned with with continuously learning, iterating, and improving, both personally and professionally
- Analytical: You love digging into data and trends.
- Empathic: You have a passion for deeply understanding your customer and putting them at the center of everything you do.
- Brand-Reverent: You know how rare it is to have responsibility for a brand with high integrity and customer satisfaction, and you have instincts to develop experiences that honor and extend that achievement.
Dwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, sex, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender, military or veteran status, Civil Air Patrol status, political affiliations or activities, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law.